Dr. Shino Bay Aguilera world renowned, multi-award winning Cosmetic Dermatologist, Dermatologic Surgeon, Cosmetic Laser Expert and is Dual Board certified with a Fellowship in Dermatology from the American College of Osteopathic Dermatology. He has over 17 years of ongoing advanced training in lasers and aesthetics and is a clinical researcher, publisher, former Chief Medical Director of the Dermatology Residency program at NOVA University, and Assistant Professor of Dermatology for four other Universities.
As a top-requested international physician trainer and keynote speaker, Dr. Aguilera travels the world teaching physicians the proper use of the newest laser advances and cosmetic techniques.
He has won successive awards from The Aesthetic Academy for “Best Nonsurgical Facial Enhancement”. He participates in FDA clinical trial studies for Cynosure. a leading global, laser manufacturer and is called upon to determine the best treatment protocols to maximize the safety and efficacy of emerging energy and cosmetic technologies. Dr. Shino Bay Aguilera is on the advisory board for MERZ, Allergan, Galderma and many leading injectables manufacturers and is considered a main thought leader by many of the world’s largest aesthetic companies.
“I take pride in helping my patients feel more beautiful, confident, youthful and self assured”. I love seeing their positive energy radiate when they see their results”
Dr Aguilera’s unique ability to provide patients with a dramatically younger, more energetic look makes him an in demand cosmetic dermatologist. Dr. Aguilera is an internationally known, premier expert in beauty restoration, Cosmetic lasers and age-reversing techniques. He performs most procedures himself. His passion, attention to detail and caring attitude are evident from the first time you meet him. His specialty and passion in dermatology and especially cosmetic dermatology have driven him in a quest for excellence.
The “Shino Bay Cosmetic Dermatology, Plastic Surgery & Laser Institute” has been officially certified as one of the world’s only, prestigious; “Laser Centers of Excellence” and advanced physician training center for the entire USA and Latin America.
As a Board Certified Dermatologist and Dermatologic Laser Surgeon, he is the best qualified to identify and treat skin conditions that may arise from dermal cosmetic procedures. Identifying skin cancers and pre-skin cancers before performing cosmetic procedures in these areas is of paramount importance.
Dermatology specialty residencies are long residencies, specifically about skin, hair and nails and this multitude of extra training assures you that Dr. Aguilera is optimally trained to best handle everything with your dermatological treatments such as numerous skin treating Lasers and lightsource treatments, Dermal Fillers, chemical peels, Botox® Cosmetic, non surgical Laser Body Contouring and LaserFacialSculpting and everything that is Cosmetic Dermatology. Thoroughly understanding how light technologies and all things interact with the skin (right down to the microscopic level) is what Dermatologists specialize in. If you want to be treated with the newest, top-of-the-line technologies and have a “True Skin & Laser Expert” with over 16 years of expertise treating you than, you are in great hands with Dr Shino Bay Aguilera!
We can only offer the best treatments if we have the best equipment available. At Shino Bay™ we offer a myriad of top-of-the-line, Gold Standard technologies to achieve optimum results for our patients with little or no downtime and maximum comfort and safety. Dr. Aguilera provides personalized skin regiments for each patient’s specific needs.
His particular expertise is in custom designing the newest and most effective non-surgical, age reversing and beautifying programs including: anti-aging, Liquid and Laser face and eye lifts and maximum revision of erasure of wrinkles, scars, acne, rosacea, sun damage, hair, spots, veins and stretch marks and more.
Dr. Aguilera is a premier expert in beauty restoration and age-reversing techniques. 17 years of experience, in the newest, state of the art technologies and an expert’s hands are essential, result are dramatic and provide you with a youthful, symmetric, invigorated look.
- Board certified Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon.
- Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- World renowned international Clinical Laser and Aesthetics Expert.
- Top requested Physician trainer and keynote speaker for a premier laser manufacturer.
- Top requested Physician trainer for Sculptra Aesthetic™.
- Clinical researcher conducting FDA and clinical trials.
- Over 17 years of advanced training and expertise with aesthetics, cosmetic lasers and related technologies.
- Former Director of NOVA University Dermatology Residency Program.
- Associate Professor of Dermatology of NOVA University and trainer of Dermatology Resident Physicians.
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology for L.E.C.O.M.
- Volunteer Instructor of Dermatology for University of Miami.
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology for Suncoast University.
- International Assistant Professor of Dermatology for a University in Bogotá Colombia called, “Universidad del Rosario”.
- Appointed “Chief Resident Physician” for both of his three year residency programs.
- On the Advisory Board for MERZ, Galderma and other global dermal filler and cosmetic device manufacturers
- Considered a International thought leader and specialist physician in the world of aesthetics
- Top Injector of Sculptra Aesthetic in the entire United States.
- Won consecutive prestigious National Award “Best Non Surgical Facial Enhancement” from The Aesthetic Academy.
- Top Diamond level Injector and physician trainer for Botox and Fillers for Allergan.
- Serves as a resource for several TV stations including CBS, NBC, MegaTV and Telemundo as well as the prestigious New Beauty Magazine.
- Has won numerous awards.
- Proud member of the A.S.D.S. (American Society for Dermatologic Surgery)
- Proud member of the A.S.L.M.S. (American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery)
- Proud member of the B.D.S. (Broward Dermatological Society)
- Author of the books “Be Youthful” and “Se Joven” – available in English and Spanish from Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.
Dr. Aguilera has trained thousands of physicians and is extremely knowledgeable about the concepts and applications of skin laser and cosmetic injectable technologies.
As a Board Certified Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon, he is the best qualified to identify and treat skin conditions that may arise from dermal cosmetic procedures. Identifying skin cancers and pre-skin cancers before performing cosmetic procedure in theses areas is of paramount importance.
Dr. Aguilera has a passion for helping people. It was apparent at a very young age that he was a determined and passionate individual. At the age of 15 he was awarded the prestigious national award and title of “Best Young Citizen of Panama”. Growing up on the Equator in Panama City, Panama gave Dr. Aguilera the unique perspective of always having to properly guard his skin from the most intense sunshine on the planet.
In his early adult years, Dr. Aguilera moved to Los Angeles, California where he continued to pursue his dream of becoming a Dermatologist. He enrolled at Pasadena City College where he learned English in a matter of months and was accepted into UCLA.
Dr. Aguilera has contributed to numerous research projects involving DNA and cardiology and has a complete understanding of how the entire body functions in relation to the skin. His well-rounded medical expertise includes a multitude of non-profit and volunteer work. Dr. Aguilera has served as Assistant Medical Director for Hospice of the Palm Beaches and volunteered his services by serving in hurricane shelters as Chief Medical Director to help displaced hurricane victims.
In addition to his continuous monthly donations to the Red Cross and UNICEF for children, and being the Platinum sponsor for the “Glamathon” for Breast Cancer Awareness and other important charities, Dr. Aguilera is also a member of a Mission is called “DoCare international”. Using his own funds to travel and donating his own supplies, he volunteers his time and dermatology services offering free Skin cancer screenings and other important dermatological services to treat people around the world who cannot afford healthcare. He recently returned from the Dominican Republic from a mission. “I truly feel that in order for life to have meaning, one must give back and help those less fortunate”. “I was one of those people and I recall what it was like as a small child to not have food on the table many days and have no access to proper medical care”
While attending school, Dr. Aguilera worked as a top fashion and runway model for an international modeling agency. It was in this vocation that Dr. Aguilera developed a deep understanding for optimizing beauty as both a science and an art form. Dr. Aguilera developed a well-trained eye and a passion for aesthetics and how to optimize it and keep it that way. Dr. Aguilera’s premier practice, “Shino Bay Cosmetic Dermatology, Plastic Surgery & Laser Institute,” is a reflection of that passion.
Dr. Aguilera understands that an individual’s overall health and well-being is enhanced when that person is confident and pleased with their outward appearance. Dr. Aguilera and his staff of cosmetic consultants and medical professionals help each patient bring the inner beauty that we all possess to the surface. The Shino Bay Cosmetic Dermatology, Plastic Surgery & Laser Institute is a sanctuary where state-of-the-art technologies and beautiful elegance are one. This fusion is the future of Dermatology, Cosmetic Dermatology and Skin Care.